KEYS TO AVOIDING COLDS, FLU, AND INFECTIONS THIS SEASON
By Carolyn Berghuis, MS, ND, CTN
Well, it’s here -cold and flu season. This means we’re all more likely to get exposed to viruses that can make us feel awful for a week or more, and make us susceptible to bacterial infections as well. Taking antibiotics and steroids (which are commonly prescribed for these infections) can help in the short term, but they can lead to more health issues later on. So anything you can do to help you fight off infections without the need for antibiotics or steroids, the better it will be for your long-term health. I’d like to help you accomplish that goal.
Here are the 2 steps to help you fight cold and flu naturally – starting with prevention.
Step 1: Boost Your Immune System
Let’s get your immune system in tip top shape. This process can take time – anywhere from a few weeks to several months . A few basic steps:
- Eat clean with the Blood Type Diet.
- Avoid (or at least limit) sugar.
- Get plenty of rest and adequate exercise.
- Reduce stress.
- Take your Daily Prevention! remedies. (see link below)
Step 2: Fight That Bug—Quickly
If, despite your best efforts, you do succumb to a virus, these four things will help you recover as quickly as possible:
- Drop all sugar, alcohol, dairy, and gluten. They all deplete your immune system, which you need functioning as well as possible to fight off the virus.
- Cancel any plans and head home for a hot shower or bath, to gargle salt water, and to take your Be Prepared! Remedies. (see link below).
- Off to bed for as much rest as possible.
- Bundle up, stay warm, keep hydrated and take your doses frequently.
ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT INFECTIONS NATURALLY?
Do you think that we can make a commitment to try decreasing the use of antibiotics this year? I’d love to give it a try because I believe it is possible. What about you? The better you get at fighting off infections naturally, the more confident you’ll feel in your body – and the better prepared you’ll be for exposure to viruses and bacteria in the future. Let me know how you feel about it – and remember to go at your own pace. What’s right for you is not necessarily what’s right for someone else. Just be logical, be optimistic, and be careful. Pay attention to what your body is telling you – and always seek help from a practitioner if you are not sure of something.
Ready to get started and nourish your immune system so it can protect you! Click here to download my “COLD & FLU WELLNESS KITS” flyer. In it you will find my Be Prepared! and Daily Prevention! Wellness kits. Be sure and have these cold and flu remedies on hand when you need them. Let's head into a great Fall and Winter Season together!